This process involves the following:
- Anesthesia medication is used ensuring patient comfort and it is offered as sedation and general anesthesia. The doctor will recommend specific options.
- A horizontal incision is made between the anatomical beginning of the pubis and navel.
- Near the navel, fat removal from the upper abdominal area occurs and extirpation of excess skin occurs. Reconstruction of the naval if necessary.
- Adhesive skin sutures and clips close the incisions, ensuring effective and safe healing.
In the same operation as necessary, liposuction of the flanks and hips is done, remodeling the abdominal contour according to the assessment that was done prior to surgery.
Attempts at reduction of excess weight is attained through diet and aerobic exercises, it is especially favorable for the realization of achieving pleasing results.
Women who have conceived are prone to sagging of the abdomen and muscle weakness, with the consequent of also acquiring stretchmarks, weight gain, and hormonal influence. At the end of gestation many have formed the factors mentioned, which goes against the image of beauty that women seek. This is why Women consider themselves candidates for this procedure for cosmetic purposes, to remove excess skin and fat and to improve muscle tone.
Postsurgical lasting results
The long term results are considered outstanding, as long as it is complimented by a balanced diet and carrying out of periodic physical exercise. The procedure results in a well delineated, flat, toned, body contour and abdomen, for a great appearance and durability.
Recovery after a Tummy Tuck
There are several factors that influence recovery, such as the patient’s previous health, physical condition, and varying degrees of individual healing.
- Pre-plan for two weeks without physical activity after the surgery.
- For the initial symptoms, relieving pain and inflammation quickly with minimal medication is expected.
- Patient is left to rest at home for at least 5 days.
- Sutures are removed between 5 to 7 days with guidelines such as washing, changing the dressing, and a recommendation to begin a walking regimen, as it contributes to a faster recovery – most likely within two weeks after the surgery.
Tummy Tuck benefits
In general, these procedures are more numerous than generally believed.
The removal of excess fat and skin and the consistent improvement of abdominal muscle tone give the patient’s core a flat appearance, noticeably decreasing the width of the waist and completely eliminating stretch marks. It also has psychological benefits such as increase of confidence and elevation of self-esteem. Cosmetically, garments will fit better, further enhancing one’s body image, making this one of the most impressive procedures that has ever existed.
It is a good option to have a tummy tuck!
If you are looking for a fast, safe, and affordable technique performed by experienced professionals, that offers long-term results, fast recovery, physical, aesthetic, and psychological improvements that result in a better quality of life, consider looking into being a candidate for this surgery.
Results may vary from person to person