SURGICAL PRACTICE PROGRAM FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS IN MEDICINE
We wish to participate in an active society in which we can through the practice of Medicine help to transform the lives of Physicians and Patients, through critical thinking, technological advances and research.
EEvolution MD being an ambulatory surgery center has a wide variety of surgical specialties and an extensive number of daily cases that allow students to consolidate their knowledge in basic and advanced surgical techniques, under the direct and constant supervision of the group of plant surgeons in the institution, the surgical exposure of students is wide and makes this one of the most desired practices by national and international students.
- Student registered in an undergraduate program in the USA or outside the USA.
- Last year students of surgery.
- Residents of surgical specialties.
This Program provides students with the student experience of participating in activities that strengthen their academic, personal and professional development. Participants benefit from clinical rotations in Evolution MD, workshops and educational seminars, research work, among others.
- Provide real experience in the field of surgical practice and professional growth in the field of health to young medical students
- To be a complement that helps the intern to improve his clinical and technical competence in the different areas of specialties
ROTATION IN THE GENERAL SURGERY SERVICE
During his rotation by general surgery, the student will develop the following skills and
skills, according to the levels of domain:
- Complete clinical history.
- Execute the technique of hand washing, technique to dress, act and move properly in the operating room.
- Participate as an assistant in surgeries.
- Application of analgesia and local anesthesia.
- Debridement of soft tissue abscesses.
- Wound healing and drainage management.
- Venous puncture for sampling.
- Placement of Foley and Levin probes.
- Basic cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers
- Basic management of pre, trans, and postoperative.
- Arterial puncture for taking blood samples.
- Closed pleurotomy with water seal installation Or Orotracheal intubation.
- Lumbar puncture.
- Perform clinical history of admission.
- Daily evolution of the patients and formulation of them.
- Know the diagnostic aids in surgical patients.
- Make the surgical description with the help of the treating Surgeon and the pathology request.
- Perform Epicrisis and give recommendations to patients' discharge
- Teamwork with internal medical colleagues, hospital doctors and nurses from the Surgery area.
- Participate in procedures such as healing, probes, bladder, nasogastric, chest tubes, venodisections.
- Be an assistant in elective and urgent surgical procedures.
- Be present and meet the emergency and floor patients in the daily Journal with the Specialist doctor.
- Evolve patients in the immediate postoperative period
The student must adjust to the specific schedules for each service within the institution of practice and perform their assigned functions in each of them, for any reason, the student boarding school must be absent from your rotation site, without the approval of the advisor of area and with knowledge of the coordination of boarding school, except for some exceptions of some services that require it, boarding students should remain in their service from 7 am-7pm
The evaluations of the practices will be governed by the regulations established for them by the University and Evolution MD, according to the agreement.
Within each rotation, the Intern will be periodically evaluated both in theoretical knowledge and in the skills and abilities acquired, as established in the program.
The area assessor will carry out a written examination at the end of each clinical rotation and with guidelines of the curricular program the objective follow-up of the evaluation process will be made.
If the student does not approve a rotation, he or she must repeat it in the same time and with the same intensity.
Facebook: Evolution Educational Center
Course duration: 40 hours and / or up to a maximum of 3 months
Maximum quota per course: 10 applicants.
Course frequency: 2 times a month.
Value: $ 1,000.00 US dollars per month
EVOLUTION MD offers Long-Term & Short-Term at special rates for students.