Tummy Tuck as an alternative to improve the physical appearance
Synonymy abdominal tuck surgery, a technique used to remove excess abdominal fat, which includes the surrounding skin, and secondarily tones the abdominal muscles, leads to a firm abdomen – and besides the aesthetic benefit, this improves the respiratory system. This also helps the abdomen, in a way that often you do not get with the performance of physical activities due to conditional individual variables such as old age, heredity, weight fluctuations, previous abdominal surgeries, and pregnancy in women.
For all, this is seen as an attractive, safe, and durable option for a flat stomach.
This procedure involves the following steps:
- Anesthesia medication is used, ensuring patient comfort, and is offered as sedation and general anesthesia. The doctor will recommend specific options.
- A horizontal incision is made between the anatomical beginning of the pubis and navel.
- Near the navel, fat removal from the upper abdominal area occurs, and extirpation of excess skin occurs, and reconstruction of the naval if necessary.
- Adhesive skin sutures and clips close the incisions, ensuring effective and safe healing.
In the same operation, as necessary, liposuction of the flanks and hips is done, remodeling the abdominal contour according to the assessment that was done prior to surgery.
The abdomen in men is considered one of the areas aesthetically more problematic of the male image, often being called a flabby belly. The belly and rolls undervalue the masculine gender not just socially, but even affect one’s personality and psychological state, which is solved by this surgical procedure, which achieves promising results and a shorter recovery.
Attempts at reduction of excess weight, which is achieved through diet and aerobic exercises, is especially favorable for the realization of proceeding with more pleasing results.
Women who have conceived are prone to sagging of the abdomen and muscle weakness from the condition of pregnancies, with the consequent stretching of the skin, weight gain, and hormonal influence all being contributors. Also, at the end of gestation many have formed stretch marks, flaccidity, and had significant fat increase, which goes against the image of beauty that women seek after, and so they consider themselves candidates for this procedure for cosmetic purposes, in order to remove excess skin and fat and to improve muscle tone.
Postsurgical lasting results
The long term results are considered excellent, as long as complemented by balanced diet and carrying out periodic physical exercising; the procedure results in a well delineated, flat, toned, body contour and abdomen, for a great appearance and durability.
Recovery after a Tummy Tuck
There are several factors that influence recovery, such as the patient’s previous health, physical condition, and varying degrees of individual healing.
- Pre-plan for two weeks without physical activity after the surgery.
- For the initial symptoms, relieving pain and inflammation quickly with minimal medication is expected.
- Patient is left to rest at home for at least 5 days.
- Sutures are removed between 5 and 7 days with guidelines such as washing, changing the dressing, and a recommendation to begin a walking regimen as it contributes to a faster recovery – most likely within two weeks after the surgery.
Tummy Tuck benefits
In general, these procedures are more numerous than generally believed.
The removal of excess fat and skin, and the consequent improvement of abdominal muscle tone, give the patient’s core a flat appearance, noticeably decreasing the width of the waist, completely eliminating stretch marks, and many other benefits, such as increased confidence, and elevation of self-esteem. Cosmetically, garments will fit better, further enhancing one’s body image, making this one of the most impressive procedures that has ever existed.
It is a good option to have a tummy tuck!
If you are looking for a fast, safe, and affordable technique practiced by experienced professionals with good long-term results, fast recovery, and physical, aesthetic, and psychological improvements that result in a better quality of life, consider looking into being a candidate for this surgery.
Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person