Botox Cosmetic Treatment
Botox: is injected into muscles to temporarily treat moderate to severe frown lines between the brows of adults. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes those lines to form between the brows. Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4-6 months; in most cases, can vary from person to person.
Areas: Between brows, forehead, crows feet and sweat glands.
BOTOX Cosmetic can be used to smooth out wrinkles in the neck and face to create a more youthful appearance. It is especially useful in the eye area. Removing wrinkles from between the eyes can dramatically change a person’s look from one of permanent anger or sadness to one of contentment and youthfulness.
It is also frequently used on the thin wrinkles that surround the eyes (often called “crow’s feet”) and the mouth, but can also be used in other areas such as along the chin and jaw. The treatment of wrinkles with Botox is highly effective; it usually takes several days and as long as 14 days week the maximum effects of the BOTOX Cosmetic treatment are noticed.
- Creates Youthful appearance
- Reduces the visible signs of expression lines
- Results visible in approximately 5-7 days
- Results may last for up to 4-6 months; in most cases, can vary from person to person
- No downtime
Things To Know
- Headache may occur
- You may experience some redness immediately after treatment, however this will go away within an hour.
- Temporary Treatment
- Though side effects are rare, can cause drooping of facial muscles around the eyes.
- Botox is not a poison it, it is a protein and is only FDA approved neurotoxin.
Procedure for BOTOX application:
Patients who take daily vitamin E, daily multivitamins, St. Johns Wort or anti-inflammatory medications, should stop 7-10 days prior to receiving a Botox treatment. This will decrease possible bruising. BOTOX treatment is relatively simple, and presents the patient with minimal pain. If the patient so desires, he/she may take pain medications approximately 1/2 hour prior to treatment. The entire procedure may take as long as ten minutes, after which the patient is discharged from the office. The duration of the effectiveness can vary from patient to patient, and from injection site. In general, the effect lasts approximately 4-6 months. Repeated injections are common, and may be performed after four to five months.
Post Botox Cosmetic Treatment Injection Instructions:
1. The patient should keep his/her head elevated, for approximately 4-6 hours after treatment.
2. The patient should avoid any heavy exercise, lifting, or physical activity for 4-6 hours post Botox Cosmetic treatment injection.
3. Frequent stimulation of the muscle that was treated can only enhance the effectiveness of the procedure, and the patient is urged to perform this small exercise.
Patients who are pregnant or lactating should avoid treatment. Any patient with an underlying neuromuscular disease certainly should consult their treating physician before receiving a Botox Cosmetic treatment. Patients who have an allergy to human albumin, and antibiotics should make the physician aware of their sensitivity.
Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person